Evaluation of Complex Chronic Conditions
Dr. Weiss welcomes seeing patients who have been dealing with health concerns that have not been properly diagnosed or treated over a period of time.
I pride myself in thinking "outside the box" and looking for root causes of illness.
Conditions which I have commonly seen that have been overlooked by other doctors include:
- Connective tissue disorders including hypermobility and Ehlers-Danlos syndrome....especially in patients who have been told they have fibromyalgia, chronic Lyme disease, and lupus.
- Mast cell disorders and histamine intolerance.
- Hormonal disorders, including prematurely low hormone states.
- Chronic viral bacterial fungal/yeast and spirochete infections that have been missed.
- Food allergies
- Autonomic nervous system disorders
- Undiagnosed sleep disorders
- Metabolic disorders, especially undiagnosed insulin resistance, causing weight gain.
- Undiagnosed thyroid and adrenal gland disorders.
And there are plenty more issues!